Things To Keep In Mind When Looking For A Tree Company Nearby
When it comes to servicing your home or property with a professional tree service, a tree company may not be equipped to handle larger tree removals, difficult stump grinding, or other very difficult tree services. Finding a tree company near me is a common search used to find a tree service. When comparing tree services, a good idea is to find multiple tree services within your area. This will allow you to broaden the search for companies that are better able to handle your specific tree service request. For example, if you need a very large tree removed, it is better to hire a company with the equipment to fell the tree in sections. This requires a crane and other specialized equipment.
As your local tree company of choice, Red Cedar can provide you with a vast amount of services ranging from installation, preventative tree health, pest management, pruning, tree removal, stump grinding, and more!
Preventive Tree Care Maintenance Program
Proper tree care begins at planting and continues throughout the life of the tree. Preventing a problem is much less costly and time-consuming than curing one, once it has developed. An effective maintenance program, including regular inspections and the necessary follow-up care of mulching, fertilizing, and pruning, can detect problems and correct them before they become damaging or fatal. Proactive tree care will allow trees to live their normal long lives often as long as 200 to 300 years.
Six Simple Ways to Maintain the Health of Your Trees
Here are six easy ways to have the best looking trees in your neighborhood:
- Plant the right tree in the right place. Dogwoods don’t belong in full sun. Douglas-fir or other large trees should not be planted under the power lines. Other factors such as drainage, spacing, deer, and screening should be considered during tree selection.
- Protect trees from mowers, weed eaters, and other equipment. Avoid growing grass right up to the base of the tree. Properly installed mulch rings will protect against these bark damages.
- The soil under the trees branches should be soft to encourage root growth and water/air penetration. Mulch around the tree will soften compacted soils and encourage soil biology which will promote root growth. During the consultation with our arborist, soils can be checked and girdling roots can be detected to promote overall tree health.
- Prune according to accepted methods. Consult with a Red Cedar arborist to determine what pruning is needed. For more information call Red Cedar.
- If you think a tree is too tall, consult a Red Cedar arborist. You might be better off cutting the tree down and planting a smaller variety.
- Tree care & maintenance expert services for the Hudson Valley of New York, Dutchess County Ny, Westchester County NY, Poughkeepsie NY, Wappingers Falls NY and Connecticut
When hiring a local tree company for all of your tree service needs, you’ll want to make sure your tree care professional is skilled, safety certified, and knowledgeable in their craft. These types of jobs are not only complex, but also dangerous. Because of this, hiring a professional is always best.