Do-it-yourself tasks are common around the home, but there are certain tasks/services that should be performed by a professional. Tree services like, tree removal, tree trimming, stump grinding, and tree pruning, are some of these services that should be left to a professional tree service. But, don’t hire just any professional tree service, make sure the tree company is reputable. Tree work is not an easy job and it also can be dangerous – so it is best not to risk it.
Here Are The 5 Main Reasons To Hire A Professional Tree Service –
- Safety – Tree trimming, tree removal, stump grinding, tree pruning, and other major tree work can be very dangerous. Especially if you have little to no experience in tree work (especially if the trees are large). In addition to challenges with the actual tree service you are doing yourself, there are outside dangers like power lines, improper equipment, decaying wood, etc. A professional tree service is specifically trained in safety practices to ensure safe completion – for the workers and your home.
- Knowledge & Experience – Not only can an unexperienced homeowner attempting extensive tree services be dangerous, it can also lead to damages to your trees, your home and/or your property. Aside from safety, there are proper techniques to remove trees without damaging your property, as well as proper pruning methods to foster a healthy tree. Attempting to perform these tree services without possessing the knowledge and experience needed can lead to damages to your roof, cars, leach fields and other expensive items.
- Efficiency – Trying to complete a tough tree job with improper equipment or lack of experience can lead to an inefficient job. When hiring a professional tree service, you can feel confident in the fact that proper tools are being used for efficient job completion.
- Less Limitations – A professional tree service will be able to complete a large assortment of projects and can reach higher heights. At Red Cedar, we use crane technology to allow us to tackle very large tree work efficiently and safely.
Are You Hiring A Reputable Tree Company? Here Are Some Questions To Ask –
- How long have they been in business?
This is an important question to establish if this tree company is well established and has experienced many situations. Red Cedar has been in business for nearly two decades and possess the knowledge, experience, training, and machinery to get your tree job done correctly.
- What are the company’s credentials?
Is the company you are looking to hire International Society Of Arboriculture (ISA) Certified? Red Cedar is! You should also ask for specific safety training credentials.
- Do they have referrals?
A reputable professional tree service will have references to offer you (past clients or companies they’ve worked with). Additionally, checking the tree company’s online reputation is a really important first step in evaluating the quality of your tree care professional. Check out what our clients have to say about our services.
- What equipment do they use? What are their processes?
This is not only a good way to gauge the level of experience of your arborist, but also to determine how the job will be completed. For example, if you are having a large tree removed, will the tree company be using a crane or will they be climbing? When they drop the wood are they cautious about what is below and where the heavy trunk is being placed? Do they haul away the wood? Do they grind the stump? These are all great questions to ask so that you know exactly what will be taking place on the day of your project.
- Does the professional tree service provide a written contract?
Having a written contact is very important for liability reasons. This document should include exactly what is being done and the cost for these said services. Look for fine print, or additional costs.
- Are they insured?
Insurance is hugely important. If an uninsured worker is injured on your property this could mean big trouble for you. The insurance should also be stated in your contract.
Before you attempt a DIY tree project like tree trimming, tree removal, stump removal, or tree pruning, consider hiring a reputable professional tree service instead. A Red Cedar certified arborist can provide you with a wide range of consulting services, ranging from hazard tree evaluation, to in-depth consultations designed to teach you how to properly care for your trees.
We are your local tree service for your tree, plant, and landscaping needs. When compared to other local tree removal companies, our knowledge, customer service, and years of experience helps us to stand out. If you are searching tree companies near me look no further, call Red Cedar today for your free consultation! But, don’t just take our word for it – see why over 90% of Red Cedar customers recommend our services to their friends and family.